Friday, June 8, 2007

Neocolor II experiments and babble

Excitement! I just googled my name and my website is on the first page! This is great! I say this because my name is -incredibly- common, and several successful people have it, including an established author with stuff on Amazon. So I just kinda resigned myself to the concept of being a couple pages in between imbd and doctor's office links. But no! I can be semi-easily found now! Huzzah!

I was only able to get half of what I wanted done this week - I spent a whole day bliztkrieging Craigslist and the SVA career board on all the illustration/animation freelance jobs instead of contacting studios. I may have gotten a hilarious job out of it, too. I might be drawing sex positions for articles on a popular sex forum/website. I hope I get that job, because it will be fun & money!

Oh yeah! If you're in NYC any time this summer, and go to SVA OR are a member of ASIFA-East, then you can go to free figure drawing classes! They're on Thursdays, 7-9:30. Check out the ASIFA-East website for more info.


Remember when I said I got those neocolor II watercolour crayons? Well, here's my first experiments with them...



A crazy mermaid (I seem to be on a mermaid kick lately) - the colour is all muddied, I'm not overly fond of it. I was gonna have fins floating out from her shoulders and everything, but I doubt I'll come back to this...



I think every cartoonist/animator has at least one picture of a disaffected lady with an eyepatch under their belt. I was just futzing around and getting a better grasp at how the crayons work - you really have to sharpen them a lot if you want precision...

No comments: